|Game Type:||Video slot|
|Bet Levels:||0.20 - 100|
|Free Spins:||Yes (Max 8)|
Where to play?
Reel Rush 2 is the sequel to the popular NetEnt slot Reel Rush, which was released back in 2013. It has bright, cartoon-style graphics and resembles a video game – in fact, it bears an uncanny resemblance to the Mario games. The slot’s variance is medium to high and its RTP is 95.53%. It comes with several special features, including free spins, respins and randomly triggered bonuses. It’s played on a 5×5 grid though when you start playing, you’ll notice there are blocks hiding a number of symbols. During the base game, the reel set is 1x3x5x3x1 and there are 45 ways to win. The number of ways to win increases during the respins feature and free spins round.
Symbols and Payouts
The slot’s five low paying symbols are five buttons of different colours. Offering bigger payouts are six block-shape fruit symbols, including a strawberry, a pineapple and a watermelon. There’s also a wild, which as usual substitutes for any of the standard symbols. Of the slot’s symbols, it’s the strawberry that’s the most valuable: land one on each of the five reels on the same spin for a payout worth 200x your bet.
Whenever you form a winning combination, you’ll get to play the respins feature. For the first respin, two blocks are unlocked and the number of ways to win increases to 135. Win again and you’ll get an additional respin with two more blocks unlocked and the number of ways increasing again. You keep on getting respins until you get no more wins, though the number of respins you can earn from one trigger of the feature is five. If you manage to reach a fifth respin, you’ll have 1,875 ways to win.
There are no fewer than eight random features that can be triggered on any spin, even if it’s a non-winning spin. These features are as follows:
– Second Chance: If your spin doesn’t produce a win, you’ll get a respin
– Block Breaker: Two or four blocks are unlocked and the number of ways to win increases accordingly
– Random Wilds: Up to three wilds are added to the reels. They can’t be added to reel 1, nor can they be added to any position that’s blocked or already has a wild on it
– Symbol Multiplier: A random standard symbol is given a x5, x10, x15 or 20x multiplier. This multiplier applies to any winning combination formed with the chosen symbol
– Symbol Upgrade: Once the reels have stopped spinning, one standard symbol is upgraded and transforms into the next most valuable symbol. All instances of this upgraded symbol substitute for the original symbol
– Extra Free Spins: You’re given one extra free spin
– Extra Super Tokens: Three to 15 Super Tokens are added to the metre
– Multiplier Boost: The slot’s Progressive Multiplier Metre goes up by 1
Whenever two blocks on the reels are unlocked, a star is added to the Free Spins Metre on the right-hand side of the reels. The Free Spins screen activates once the metre’s full. You’ll have three different options:
– Start: Play with eight free spins or eight Super Spins if you’ve got 2,000 or more Super Tokens
– Gamble Super Tokens: Gamble any Super Tokens you currently have for a chance to enter the Super Spins round
– Buy: Buy Super Tokens and play the Super Spins feature if you’ve got 2,000 or more
You earn one to five Super Tokens every time one block is unlocked on the reels. You can also earn these from the randomly triggered Extra Super Tokens feature. The Super Tokens you’ve earned are displayed in the metre to the left of the reels. If you get to play the Super Spins feature by earning more than 2,000 Super Tokens, any wins won during this feature are subject to the multiplier that’s displayed in the Progressive Multiplier metre. This multiplier grows by x1 every time you score a win; it also increases whenever the Multiplier Boost feature triggers.
Reel Rush 2 is a very feature-heavy slot that certainly does have a lot going on. Not only are there eight randomly triggered features, there are also two free spins features and a respins feature to look out for. Have a spin of this slot and there’s no doubt you’ll get to play plenty of these features.