|Game Type:||Video slot|
|Bet Levels:||0.10 - 100|
|Free Spins:||Yes (5-unlimited)|
Helloween is an exhilarating new online slot for 2020. Created by Play’n Go, the slot’s set to hit online casinos later this year. It’s a branded game themed to the German power metal band of the same name. The band’s quite prolific – they’ve been around since 1984 and have released a total of fifteen albums to date. The slot focuses on the Keeper of the Seven Keys album, which was released in two parts in 1987 and 1988. Rock out to some of the band’s best known tunes as you spin the reels of this high-energy slot.
Even though the slot is themed to a metal band, it doesn’t feature any of the band’s current or past members. In fact, it’s set high up a castle tower that offers scenic views of the countryside down below. The slot’s RTP is reported to be a decent enough 96.2%. As for the volatility, it’s medium. As you play, expect mostly smaller wins coming your way, though on rare occasions you may just happen to pull in a bigger win.
Symbols and Payouts
Like most other slots, Helloween has several card ranks appearing as the low-paying symbols. The high-paying ones are themed to Halloween and include a horde of demons, some creepy-looking hands and a crystal ball. There are no fewer than seven wilds, all of which can help you form winning combinations by filling in for standard symbols.
The slot’s most valuable symbol is a pumpkin ring. Should five instances of this symbol land on one of the slot’s ten paylines, you’ll be awarded a win worth 20x your stake. The slot’s wild symbols also give you this same payout should five land on a payline.
Online slots typically have one or two special features. Helloween has a grand total of seven. Whenever you land scatters on reels 1, 3 and 5, you’ll get to spin the Keeper of the Seven Keys wheel. This awards you one of the slot’s special features and the one you get is determined at random. All of the features are free spins rounds; most of them give you five spins, while the Helloween feature gives you seven. Here’s a closer look at the slot’s seven free spins rounds:
- Dr Stein. One of the slot’s low-paying symbols is chosen at random. All instances of that symbol are transformed into wilds.
- Eagle Fly Free. One wild is added to the reels on every spin. Each wild that’s added is sticky and remains where it is until the feature’s over.
- Future Wild. During this feature, there’s a special Future Wild that can land. Whenever this wild lands, it expands to fill the entire reel it’s on.
- Helloween Free Spins. Land three scatters and you’ll get another spin of the Keeper of the Seven Keys wheel and will be awarded another feature.
- I Want Out. Every time a wild symbol lands, it expands and becomes an extra large 2×2 symbol.
- I’m Alive. Wilds that land expand up or down to fill the reel they’re on. Wilds are sticky until they’ve filled a whole reel. Once a wild’s taken over a full reel, it’s no longer sticky and disappears from the reels.
- March of Time. All wilds are moving wilds. Whenever one lands, instead of spinning with the other symbols, it moves across the reels one position to the left on every spin.
When you’re all done with a feature, there’s an extra bonus that can boost your winnings. If you’re lucky, your winnings may have a multiplier worth x2, x3, x5 or x10 applied to them.
Helloween is the latest Play’n Go slot to be themed after rock music – others include Twister Sister, Saxon, Annihilator and Demon. This one is based on a popular and long-running German power metal band and focuses on two of the band’s earlier albums. It comes with seven different free spins rounds, most of which have bonus effects featuring wilds that can increase your chances of winning. Look out for the multiplier that may kick in after your free spins have been used up; it can multiply your winnings by up to ten times!
Be sure to check out this electrifying new slot when it comes online and see if you manage to play all seven free spins features. Listen to some of the top Helloween songs as you spin the reels and see if you’ve got what it takes to bring in some big wins.